Dear University Park Neighbor,
We hope to see you July 4th at the Bike Parade and Pumper Truck Spray. Parade starts at 10am at Warren and Fillmore Streets at Observatory Park. Don your best red, white and blue and join in on the fun.
We also want to hear from you regarding a proposed redevelopment of the 2400 block of South University Boulevard. We have posted some background information and have a created a short survey. Please take a moment to read up on the background and take the five question survey. Your opinion is important to the UPCC.
The following are the announcements for July 2013.
- July 4th, 10am Neighborhood Bike Parade and Pumper Truck Spray. More details.
- Children’s Bike Parade at 10am at Warren and Fillmore Streets at Observatory Park
- VFW Band provides music
- University Park Mothers Club will be providing refreshments, hot dogs and cool treats.
- Check out the UPCC new logo, banner and purchase some note cards at the UPCC table.
- 3/4 of the 2400 block of S University Blvd is now owned by one individual and he would like to redevelop. Please take a moment to learn more about the redevelopment and then take a short question survey .
- UPCC Purple Pages (University Park Directory) Looking for Advertisers
- Save the date to hear the Humbuckers at our Band in the Park 4:30pm, Saturday, August 17th. This is followed by Star Gazing and open house at Chamberlin Observatory.
- Cast your vote for the new DU mascot and get a sneak peak at the concepts. However, this is NOT a short survey like the UPCC one.
- UPCC has been told paving “should” be completed in our neighborhood the end of this week.
- Watering restrictions have been modified . Reservoirs are above 90% and profits at Denver Water are down by $12million. Learn more.
- Denver Parks and Rec are offering free movies in the parks around Denver this summer. View the schedule.
- Infinity Park is offering free movies this summer. View Infinity’s Schedule
- Do you like the UPWords delivered to your door five times a year? We need help with delivery on the following blocks.Learn more about the system.
- 1800 S. Madison
- 1900 S. Adams
- 2300 S. Josephine
- 2600 S. Garfield Way
- Observatory Park Community Vegetable Garden is looking for a few volunteers to help weed, water and harvest.
- Friend and neighbor June Morgan has free vegetable and flower seeds to share with neighbors. Email her to coordinate a pick up at email@example.com.
- Learn about ways you can support the UPCC.
List of Upcoming Neighborhood Events:
- FREE Denver Youth Summer Ultimate (Frisbee) kicks off Wednesday July 3rd at Observatory Park for kids ages 9-16. Learn more and sign up.
- July 4th, 10am Independence Day Bike Parade and Pumper Spray. More info.
- Thursday, July 11tth at 6pm the Inter-Neighborhood Cooperation Transportation Committee will meet at 1201 Williams Street, 19th Floor. Topic this month is Bike/Ped Safety & Infrastructure.
- Saturday, July 13th at dusk Star Gazing at Chaberlin Observatory. Learn more
- Sunday, July 14th at 7pm, DU Clarion Concert outside the Ritchie Center Tower in the grassy area.
- Sunday, July 28th at 7pm, DU Clarion Concert outside the Ritchie Center Tower in the grassy area.
- Saturday, August 17th, 4 – 8pm UPCC Neighborhood Band in the Park. More to come.
- Saturday, August 17th at dusk Star Gazing at Chaberlin Observatory. Learn more
The University Park Community Council, (UPCC) mission is to promote and enhance the quality of life in the University Park Neighborhood. Thank you for your continued support.
To donate visit http://upcc.us/support.