|Dear University Park Neighbor,Thank you all who attended the 125th Annivesary Celebration. It was great to see such a mix of “now and then” residents. If you missed the event, we still have a limited number of commemorative prints available and you can purchase them online. If you attended the event and enjoyed the great food from our sponsors, be sure to check out the list of sponsors below and please tell them thank you next time you give them your business.
The UPCC General meeting is next Wednesday, beginning at 6:30pm. We will have the history exhibit from the 125th Celebration, refreshments will be provided courtesy of resident Mary Valenta, 125th prints will be available for purchase, click here for complete agenda.
Here is a summary of upcoming things happening in our neighborhood:
- UPCC General Meeting October 5th at 6:30pm
- History exhibit from the 125th celebration
- 125th prints available for purchase
- Speakers include:
- Councilman Brown
- UPark Principal Dana Williams
- Representative from DU
- Representative from Mayor’s Office
- DPL Western History Department
- Click for full agenda
- UPark Elementary School Update:
- Kings Soopers, Safeway and Sunflower Market grocery cards are available for purchase at the University Park Elementary front desk or from Vanessa Tran (email@example.com). 5% for every $100 in grocery cards is given back to UPark.
- Upcoming Restaurants Nights that Benefit UPark
- October 21 Noodles & Co. (1737 East Evans Ave & University)
- Nov TBD at Garlic Knot
- December 5 at Tokyo Joe’s along with Barnes & Noble Bookfair (1000 S Colorado Blvd)
- Saturday, November 5th. Mom’preneur Marketplace and Family Fun Run at UPark Elementary. Community is encouraged to shop the marketplace and enjoy the festivities.
- Accelerated Schools looking for “host families” in the neighborhood for International Students. They would like students to be treated as family members and students are expected to care for their own private room, keep reasonable hours and follow tailored rules for each situation. An $800 monthly payment is given in return for this arrangement. If you would like to be considered as a Host family or want more information, please call Marianna at 303.758.2003 x. 203.
- If you missed out on the University Park Commemorative Poster, you can still get one.
- The Mom’preneur Marketplace UPark Elementary on November 5th and is looking for vendors. If you have handmade goods or a small business you might want to think about being a vendor, donating a door prize or advertising. Learn more.
- Each year the UPCC contributes to the Inter-Neighborhood Cooperation’s (INC) citywide dictionary and thesaurus gift program to all DPS third graders. The books will soon be distributed to all UPark School’s third graders.
- Accelerated Schools is installing a new garden and outdoor classroom and would love neighborhood involvement. Email Bryon Gentry firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or visit their website.
- Consider supporting the UPCC.
Other of Upcoming Events:
- Four Mile Park Pumpkin Harvest Festival Saturday, October 1st & 2nd from 10:00 am–4:00pm. Free event. Learn more.
- Saturday, October 1st, Public Viewing Chamberlin Observatory
- UPCC General Meeting October 5th at 6:30pm. Click for agenda.
- Harvest Fair at Parzival Shield Waldorf Preschool Kindergarten. Community is welcome! Saturday, October 8th, 10am – 2pm at 2180 S. Madison St. More info.
- University Park Moms Club Annual Halloween Party (children ages 0 – 5) Wednesday, October 26th, 4 – 6pm. To learn more about the University Park Moms Club and the party visit www.uparkmoms.org or email email@example.com.
- The Schlessman YMCA is hosting a FREE Halloween party for the community on Friday, October 28th, from 5:30-7:30pm. There will be activities for all ages. Click for more info.
- Jiaqi “Dragon” Long piano concert at Bethany Lutheran Church on October 23rd from 1-3pm. This is a benefit for Accelerated Schools.
- Saturday, November 5th. Mom’preneur Marketplace and Family Fun Run at Upark Elementary
Thank You 125th Anniversary Sponsors:
The University Park Community Council, (UPCC) mission is to promote and enhance the quality of life in the University Park Neighborhood. Thank you for your continued support.
Tom Gonnella and Dana Strand O’Connor, on behalf of the UPCC Board
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
To donate visit http://upcc.us/support.