Dear University Park Neighbor,
Happy Halloween. The neighborhood is looking festive with jack-o-lanterns and orange lights all around. Be sure to keep an eye out for all the little people trick or treating this evening. The following are the announcements for November 2011. Be sure to mark your calendars for the Annual Sing and Sleigh on December 4th, at Observatory Park.
- You are invited to meet the UPark Principal hosted by the University Park Moms Clubon Tuesday, November 1st from 7pm to 9pm. RSVP to email@example.com for additional details.
- Don’t forget to vote!
- Neighborhood shopping and family fun run this Saturday, November 5th. The 5th Annual Mom’preneur Marketplace and UPark Family Fun Run will take place this Saturday at UPark Elementary. You don’t have to have kids at UPark to join in on the fun and so some shopping.
- Are cars speeding on your street? You can catch speeding cars in our neighborhood. Here’s how:
- Cory-Merrill RNO is hosting a training session on how to use a speed-detector radar gun on Wednesday November 2, 6:15 p.m. at Kirk of Bonnie Brae, 1201 S, Steele Street. After this quick training, you may check out the radar equipment at Police Dist. 3, and monitor traffic where you think it is speeding. If you “catch” a speeder, you need to write down the license plate of the offender (so it might be good to do this in pairs) and send it and the speed clocked, to Dist. 3. Police will issue a firm official Warning to the owner of the car. District 3 says this is very effective. You need to RSVP to Don Tressler firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of time.
- Ross Hill Library will be closed from November 1 – mid to late December. You will need to return and check out books at another location.
- A public meeting about the Colorado Center Bicycle/Pedestrian Bridge, which will allow for safer connections to the Colorado Boulevard Light Rail Station is tentativelyscheduled for Thursday, November 17th from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Dave & Buster’s. Click for more information, including conceptual drawings.
- 125th prints available for purchase
- SAVE THE DATE: UPCC Annual Sing and Sleigh at Observatory Park from 5 – 7pm on Sunday, December 4th. Horse drawn carriage rides, music from Swallow Hill, hot cider and treats, the Observatory will be open and lots of fun. Don’t forget to bring cookies or treats to share at the event!
- If you can volunteer an hour or two, please let us know at email@example.com.
- Anyone interested in taking photos of Santa with the kiddos? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UPCC is getting reports of Coyotes in the neighborhood. Learn more about coyotes and protecting you and your pets.
- Accelerated Schools is hosting a traditional Christmas dinner on Friday, December 16th, 2011 from 6 to 8 p.m. RSVP and L earn More.
- Please Consider supporting the UPCC.
List of Upcoming Neighborhood Events:
- Tuesday, November 1st, 6pm UPCC Board Meeting. Email email@example.com if you are interested in attending.
- Meet the UPark Principal Night Tuesday, November 1st from 7pm to 9pm. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to attend.
- Catch Speeders! Wednesday November 2, 6:15 p.m. at Kirk of Bonnie Brae, 1201 S, Steele Street. See above for more details.
- Saturday, November 5th. Mom’preneur Marketplace and Family Fun Run at UPark Elementary. Community is encouraged to shop the marketplace and enjoy the festivities.
- UPark Elementary Restaurant Day November 15th All Day at Garlic Knot
- UPark Elementary Restaurant Night December 5 at Tokyo Joe’s along with Barnes & Noble Bookfair (1000 S Colorado Blvd)
- Accelerated Schools is hosting a traditional Christmas dinner on Friday, December 16th, 2011 from 6 to 8 p.m. Learn More.
The University Park Community Council, (UPCC) mission is to promote and enhance the quality of life in the University Park Neighborhood. Thank you for your continued support.
Tom Gonnella and Dana Strand O’Connor, on behalf of the UPCC Board
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
To donate visit https://upcc.us/support.