|Dear University Park Neighbor,
We are sending a mid-May email to remind you of a few upcoming neighborhood events and have included a crime notification.
- 2nd Annual Neighborhood Garage Sale, June 1st and 2nd, 7 am to 2 pm Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade nøkkel
- All University Park neighbors are invited to participate by hosting a garage sale at their own home.
- Organizers will create maps and advertise for you.
- Any unsold items can be picked up by the Salvation Army starting at 2:00 pm June 2nd (MUST SCHEDULE WITH ORGANIZERS).
- To participate and/or to schedule the pick-up, notify Jen Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Pam Adams at 303-898-3598 before May 25th. Provide your address, phone number and email for contact purposes for the Salvation Army pick up list (no one else will be given the addresses).
- UPCC Summer Kick Off June 10th with Music in the Park, 4:30 – 7:30pm.
- The UPCC is hosting the Humbuckers (a local band – starring a University Park resident!) at Observatory Park on the north side of the Observatory.
- Warren Street will be closed down
- Bring your picnics, blankets, and friends for an evening of music and fun
- The event is FREE
- The UPCC has launched a new website. Check it out!
- UPCC announces the 2012-13 executive board. Read the bios.
- Dana Strand O’Connor, President
- Jennifer Schmidt, Vice President
- Traci Samaras, Secretary
- June Morgan and Ryan Zorn, CO-Treasurers
- Neighborhood Safety Update:Remember to keep an eye out for each other and call the police if you see anything suspicious.
- On Wednesday, May 16th, a house on the 2300 block of south Monroe was broken into between 9:30 a.m. – noon. The back door off the alley was kicked (between Madison and Monroe) and that is how they entered the house.
- There have been reports of a group loitering in Observatory Park. If you see anything illegal taking place or there is loud noise, call the police 720-913-2000.
- Advertise in the UPCC Purple Pages. Learn more.
- Learn more about the October 3rd Presidential Debate at DU by attending a DU Good Neighbors Meeting on Wednesday, May 23rd at 7pm. Parking and additional info.
- Denver Parks and Recreation are offering FREE movies in Denver parks this summer. Check out the schedule.
- Colfax Marathon is this Sunday and there will be many street closures between 3am and 1pm. See the map.
- Denver households may recycle milk cartons and other food containers. Learn more.
- Dog owners note: the city announced it will increase park patrols and enforcement of dog off-leash violations beginning June 1.
- Concept designs for City Park Playground have been released. Some are pretty interesting.
- Learn about ways you can support the UPCC.
List of Upcoming Neighborhood Events:
- DU Good Neighbor Meeting is May 23rd in Sturm Hall Rm 154 from 7-9pm. Parking and additional info
- Last day of school for DPS is May 25. UPark Elementary will have a Kindergarten Bridging Ceremony.
- Saturday, May 26, 7 – 1pm Chamberlin Observatory Quarter Moon Saturday Open Houses (weather permitting). More info.
- Neighborhood Garage Sale June 1 and 2nd
- June 10th, UPCC hosting Humbucker Band in the Park.
- Tuesaday June 19 6pm. Parks & Recreation committee of INC (Inter-Neighborhood Cooperation) 6 PM at the Heritage Club, 2020 S. Monroe. Agenda includes improvements for notification and public engagement, updates on park issues that affect all city parks including the five in UPark.
- July 4th 10am. Neighborhood Bike Parade and Pumper Truck Spray.
- July 20th, Schlessman YMCA hosting a Family Movie Night. All UPark Neighbors are welcome. More details to come.
The University Park Community Council, (UPCC) mission is to promote and enhance the quality of life in the University Park Neighborhood. Thank you for your continued support.
Dana Strand O’Connor, on behalf of the UPCC Board
To donate visit https://upcc.us/support.