Dear University Park Neighbor,
Thank you to all that participated in the neighborhood garage sale. I didn’t have a sale, but had fun with my kids hunting for bargains and treasures. I hope to see you this Sunday at the UPCC official summer kick off party. Details are below.
The following are announcements for Mid June 2012.
- UPCC Summer Kick Off this SUNDAY, June 10th with Music in the Park featuring the Humbuckers from 4:30 – 7:30pm.
- Thank you to Fido’s Day Out who is helping the UPCC sponsor the event.
- Band will be set up on the north side of the Observatory
- Warren Street will be closed to traffic
- Bring your picnics, blankets, and friends for an evening of music and fun
- The event is FREE and open to all
- We could use some muscles around 3pm setting up the street barricades and helping the band unload. If you can spare 30 minutes of time, please email email@example.com
- July 4th 10am Neighborhood Bike Parade and Pumper Truck Spray
- Safety Update
- During the spring and summer months theft from motor vehicle crime increases. Keep your valuables out of sight and lock your cars.
- iPhone theft is an increasing problem with robbers literally stealing phones out of people’s hands and running off. Be on alert.
- View the crime data for our neighborhood for Quarter 1 2012 and May 2012
- Coors Fitness Center at DU has free guest days, June 19-21 and they have special summer membership prices. Call 303.871.4523 or visit us online for more information.
- DU’s Graduation is this Saturday, June 9th so there may be extra traffic.
- Once again, here are the dates thefree movies in the park offered by the City.
- Did you know Denver Parks and Rec offers camps for kids? Check them out.
- A new McWilliams Park bridge is going to be installed but will not be completed until early fall.
- Crews have been working on Buchtel Centennial Park. The City reports “someone” turned off the water connection and forgot to turn it back on, so the irrigation system didn’t function and the park needed to be reseeded
- The UPCC Purple Pages (our neighborhood directory) will be distributed to all residents of University Park in September (2300 households) and now is the time to be an advertiser! Learn more.
- Learn about ways you can support the UPCC.
List of Upcoming Neighborhood Events:
- Sunday, June 10th, 4:30pm UPCC hosting Humbucker Band in the Park.
- Tuesday, June 19th 6pm Parks & Recreation committee of INC (Inter-Neighborhood Cooperation) meet at the Heritage Club, 2020 S. Monroe.
- Agenda includes improvements for notification and public engagement, updates on park issues that affect all city parks including the five in UPark.
- Saturday, June 23rd, 7 – 10pm Chamberlin Observatory Quarter Moon Saturday Open Houses (weather permitting). More info.
- Sunday, July 20th, Schlessman YMCA hosting an Evening Family Movie Night. All UPark Neighbors are welcome. More details to come.
The University Park Community Council, (UPCC) mission is to promote and enhance the quality of life in the University Park Neighborhood. Thank you for your continued support.
To donate visit https://upcc.us/support.