Dear University Park Neighbor,
The following are the announcements for December 2011. We hope to see you at the Sing and Sleigh this Sunday, December 4th from 5 – 7pm at Observatory Park. Remember to bring some treats to share. Check our website upcc.us if the weather on Sunday looks iffy.
- UPCC Annual Sing and Sleigh at Observatory Park from 5 – 7pm on Sunday, December 4th.
- Horse drawn carriage rides
- Music from Swallow Hill
- Santa will be there so bring the cameras
- Hot cider and treats
- The Observatory will be open (weather permitting)
- Observatory Poster available for purchase ($20 each)
- Don’t forget to bring cookies or treats to share at the event!
- If you can volunteer any amount of time on Sunday, please let us know email@example.com.
- The UPCC Board has some open positions. Please consider being part of the UPCC. We are not a large board and the more people we can get involved, the better we can be!
- Holiday Gift Ideas that Give Back to the Neighborhood
- Give an Observatory Print from the 125th Celebration
- Give a grocery card where 5% is given back to UPark Elementary, learn more.
- Purchase some Observatory note cards 7 for $10 (email firstname.lastname@example.org to get them)
- Shop the UPark Elementary Barnes & Noble Bookfair on Monday, December 5th. Mention UPark at Barnes and Noble and a % of sales is given to the school (960 S Colorado Blvd).
- Ross Hill Library is closed until mid to late December. You need to return and check out books at another location.
- We have posted some Holiday Shopping Safety Tips.
- The Department of Environmental Health has developed a program for Denver residents to help people save energy and money. Learn more athttp://www.denverenergy.org/
- DU Fraternities will help with snow shoveling for people in need when DU’s in session (call 303-871-2039) to learn more.
- Please Consider supporting the UPCC.
Other Upcoming Neighborhood Events and Announcements:
- UPark Elementary Restaurant Night Monday, December 5 at Tokyo Joe’s along with Barnes & Noble Bookfair (1000 and 960 S Colorado Blvd). Mention UPark on at Barnes and Noble and a % of sales is given to UPark.
- December 6, 2011, 10am, Colorado International School is having a Finish Tea Party and neighbors are welcome. This event will be hosted by the Honorary Consul of Finland in Colorado. Learn more.
- Santa is coming to the Schlessman Family YMCA on Saturday, December 10th from 9-10:30am. There will be breakfast, pictures with Santa, games, crafts, a story teller and holiday fun! This will take place in the basement of the Colorado building at 2625 S. Colorado Blvd. This is a free event for the community but please bring non-perishable food items to donate to families in need.
- The DU Holiday Carillon Concert will be December 11th at 3 p.m. by the gold spire at the Ritchie Center (and piped into the lobby). Cider and cocoa afterward and the event is free.
- Accelerated Schools traditional Christmas dinner on Friday, December 16th, 2011 from 6 to 8 p.m. RSVP and L earn More.
- Saturday, January 7th from 9-11 a.m., University Park Elementary Open House for parents to learn all about our neighborhood school. Visit their website for more info or call 720-424-3410.
- Save the date, UPCC General meeting Wednesday, February 8th, beginning at 6:30pm with social hour and refreshments. Agenda to come. Meeting is held at UPark Elementary at Iliff and St. Paul.
The University Park Community Council, (UPCC) mission is to promote and enhance the quality of life in the University Park Neighborhood. Thank you for your continued support.
To donate visit http://upcc.us/support.