Dear University Park Neighbor,
The UPCC is working on our neighborhood directory, the Purple Pages, for delivery in September. This year we are freshening the content, putting the directory online and exploring ways to make it more useful and personal.
The Purple Pages is also a revenue source for the UPCC. Historically, we have had only business advertisers. This year we have found a way for residents support the publication by sharing what they “like” about living in UPark.
For $25, we are offering an “What I Like About Living in University Park” option. You can be a part of the Purple Pages by finishing the sentence:
“I like living in UPark because…”
Here are a few submissions we have gotten so far:
- In a 5 block span, I can see 15 different species of trees.
- I feel like I live in a small town in the City.
- I can walk to three different parks.
- University Park is part of the history of Denver and I am now part of that history.
Submissions are limited to 50 words and your name (or family name) will be printed in the Purple Pages along with your submission (unless you opt to not have your name printed). Cost is a mere $25. You can use PayPal to pay or complete this printable form and mail a check.
If you or your business is interested in advertising, you still have time to participate. Learn more.
For more info call Janet Bardwell at 303-756-4212 or Paula Smith at 303-587-3410 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for all submissions and advertising in July 31st, 2012.
Other Announcements and Upcoming Neighborhood Events:
- All interested in a Native Plant educational walk in a portion of the Prairie Park are welcome to contact Diana Helper and add their ideas and support. The group is also getting info on improvements to Harvard Gulch Trail. Contact info is Diana Helper, 303-733-4902 or email@example.com if interested.
- Friday, July 20th at 8: 30pm Schlessman YMCA hosting an Evening Family Movie Night. Event is FREE! Movei is the MUPPETS. All neighbors welcome.
- Saturday, July 28th, 6pm the Meetup.com group Topic-Talk Walks invites University Park neighbors to share a FREE open-topic 1-hour loop walk with TTWalks, beginning and ending at Chamberlin Observatory followed by a potluck picnic. Learn more.
- Saturday, July 28th, 7 – 10pm Chamberlin Observatory Quarter Moon Saturday Open Houses (weather permitting). More info.
- Quarterly Mayor Community Cabinet Meeting, Saturday, August 18, 2012. Learn more.
- DU Good Neighbors Meeting, Wed., August 22, at 7 PM, at Sturm Hall (across from the tennis courts), Room 154. All the latest about the Presidential Debate plans, street closures, library, construction, neighborhood event offerings, plus opportunity to share our concerns. Click for additional info and parking information.
The University Park Community Council, (UPCC) mission is to promote and enhance the quality of life in the University Park Neighborhood. Thank you for your continued support.
To donate visit http://upcc.us/support.