Happy Valentines Day
We are sending an email mid-month to alert you to car break-ins that took place during the night last Thursday evening/Friday morning. Numerous windows of cars parked on street were broke into and items in cars were taken. We have been in contact with District 3 police and they have posted tips for keeping your vehicle safe. Please remember to lookout for your neighbors and call 911 is you see anything suspicious.
The following are the announcements for February 14th, 2013.
- District 3 tips for keeping your vehicle safe.
- We have posted tips about hazing coyotes when you see them. Read about hazing.
- The Contemporary Cuisine class at DU is hosting a “pop-up” dinner on February 28th 2013, 6:30 to 8:00 PM. They are bringing in guest chef, Gina Stipo, from Italy. It’s a 5 – course meal with wine pairings from Banfi Vintners. Cost is $85 per person. Click here to learn more or RSVP.
- Thank you to all who attended the UPark Elementary Silent Auction. It was a fun event that supported UPark Elementary.
- The UPCC is working with Grow Local Colorado to have a community vegetable garden in Observatory Park. If interested in helping tend the garden or for more info, email email@example.com.
- At the General Meeting on February 6th, the question was asked if gardens can be seen as a food source for coyotes. We have been told by Denver Wildlife and Parks and Recreation, that this has never been an issue with community gardens in Denver.
- Are you or do you know a Master Gardener with a passion, eye and/or experience with native plants and prairie grasses? We would like to talk to you about our plans and ideas for Prairie Park. Contact Jennifer Engleby at firstname.lastname@example.org or Diana Helper at email@example.com.
- Denver is considered to be one of the 10 best cities in the United States for its urban forests, the conservation organization, American Forests, announced last week.
- Thank you to Fine Carpet & Fabric Care at 2490 S. University for donating time and materials to recover the benches in the UPark Elementary front office.
- Merrill Middle School Receives Center for Excellence Award from the Colorado Department of Education.
- Free Trees for Denver residents from the The Park People. Application available online and due by February 15
- Ross – UHills Library is once again open .
- Learn about ways you can support the UPCC.
List of Upcoming Neighborhood Events:
- Saturday evening, February 16th, Chamberlin Observatory Open House.
- Tuesday, February 19th, 6pm the Parks & Rec Committee of INC meets at the Heritage Club at Evans and Monroe. All are welcome to attend.
- Wednesday, February 20th, UPark Elementary Fundraiser at Garlic Knot . Mention the fundraiser and a % of your bill will go back to the school.
- Wednesday, February 27th, at 7pm DU-Good Neighbors Meeting. DU’s Allan Wilson presents updates and discusses neighborhood concerns. Visit their website for exact location and parking info.
- Transportation Solutions is focusing on the South University corridor traffic at its February 21st meeting. UPCC will have representatives at this meeting. If you have concerns, please contact UPCC’s Diana Helper at 303-733-4902 or email James Bettinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday, March 5th at 10am, Colorado International School hosts an international tea. Country is Syria.
- Tuesday, March 5th, UPark Elementary School Fundraiser at Larkburger next to King Soopers at 2750 S Colorado.
- Tuesday, March 5th, 7pm next UPCC board meeting. Please contact email@example.com if you have agenda items for the board to consider
- Tuesday, March 12th, 7pm all neighbors are invited to the Washington Park East Neighborhood Association (WPENA) March meeting . The meeting will be held in the library at South High School. Tours of the historical school will begin at 6 p.m.
The University Park Community Council, (UPCC) mission is to promote and enhance the quality of life in the University Park Neighborhood. Thank you for your continued support.
To donate visit http://upcc.us/support.