There are times when local business or residents will ask for zoning variances. The UPCC will post these variance here. Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent Zoning Variances
- 2238-2262 S. Colorado Boulevard 11-13-2012 - Appeal an order Four (4) erected sheds 5’ into rear setback. More info.
- 2444 S. Steele St. 7/24/2012 – Appeal of dial for permit to build 2 story addition. Final Variance.
- 2306 S. Columbine St. 4/24/2012 - 15′ first floor east setback encroachment, the second floor east encroachment and footprint overage. Final Variance. Second final variance.
- 1810 S. Fillmore 4/25/2012 – Appeal to allow four unrelated roomers in the same dwelling. Final Variance.
- 2290 S. Clayton St.7/1/2011 - St. Mary’s Church appeal to place a sign within 10 feet of the 10 foot set back. Hearing date is July 12th. More info. On 7/12/11, the variance was granted. Click to view final variance.
- 2171 S. Columbine St: denial to maintain a rental unit; rental use must be discontinued by August 2011 as agreed by the owner
- 2101 S. Cook Street, Biennial Permit Renewal at Roundup Foundation residential care home. Click for letter from City. Click for 2010 application.
- 3303 East Evans requests a fence variance. They are requesting a 6-foot fence all around with an 8-foot gate at the driveway. Allowed is 4 feet in the front setbacks & 6 feet everywhere else. More Info
- 2017 S University Boulevard. Hearing scheduled for April 6, 2010.
- 1810 S Columbine Street, The Biennial Renewal of the permit for Mental Health Center of Denver. Additional info: 2010 application, 2008 application.
University Park Zoning Variance Process Overview
- Ask for a denial form from the permit staff stating the reasons the design does not conform to the zoning code.
- Apply for the zoning variance with the denial form.
- After submitting the application, a hearing will be scheduled, currently running about about 6-8 weeks.
- Post a sign on your property for 10 days prior to the hearing.
Application forms, guidelines & procedures:
The University Park Community Council will receive a notice of the case being filed. The UPCC will review the application and may take a position.
City Wide Zoning Code Update
The new Denver Zoning Code & Map was approved by City Council in June 2010 and is now in full effect. Go to Denver Zoning Code for an overview of the organization format. Chapters of the Code can downloaded in pdf format. To find the zoning of a property see follow this link.
If you have questions, please contact Gretchen Williams, Council Legislative Services, at Gretchen.Williams@Denvergov.org or 720-865-9341, or Sue Cobb, Community Planning & Development, at Sue.Cobb@Denvergov.org or 720-865-3052.