On Going Concerns (last updated 3/6/13)
We have asked residents to send us your traffic and transportation concerns. We will work with the City, Transportation Solutions and INC to try to address and/or prioritize concerns. We try to address each concern but the City was specific criteria and reasoning for why they do things a certain way and we have to work within those parameters Also, many concerns are cost prohibited at this time, but by having a ongoing list, we will work to get them in a priority queue.
- Sidewalks and curbs – Sidewalks along Asbury from Milwaukee to University (a lot of foot traffic here from people who park along Asbury and people who live in the area going to businesses along University),
- Safe access to parks for pedestrians – Evans at Observatory Park
- Round-a-bout at St Paul and Buchtel and Monroe and Buchtel – could help with walking safety too as you could walk halfway
- Re-make the right lane a “right-turn only” when going East on Buchtel at University. It was this way before and not sure why it got changed. I think we have asked about this and don’t recall what the answer was.
Concerns We Have Tried to Address and Things to Note
- The Commission for People with Disabilities is often behind the mandate for curb ramps and you can learn more about their mission here.
- Left turn arrow at north bound Colorado to west bound Iliff. The city did a traffic count at this intersection in the spring of 2011 and said the traffic count did not meet the City criteria.
- Four way stop at Monroe and Buchtel. In the fall of 2011, the City conducted a study and said the intersection did not meet the City standards for a light or four way stop.