Dear University Park Neighbor,
Unless you have been living under a rock, you know that the US Presidential Debate is happening this Wednesday at DU. Besides the guest speakers, over 3,000 media personnel are expected to be invading our ‘hood. If you see any good media coverage about our neighborhood, please email me the link to the story and I will post it on our website.
Next Wednesday, October 10th is the UPCC General meeting. Neighborhood Development is the topic of the night. Refreshments social half hour will begin at 6:30pm. I hope you can make it to the meting.
The following are the announcements for October 2012.
- UPCC Fall General Meeting: Neighborhood Development Updates
- Click to view agenda
- Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at University Park Elementary School beginning at 6:30pm
- Thank you for Fidos Day Out for serving refreshment at the meeting
- DU Debate Updates
- Street Closures:
- 10/2 at Noon: Buchtel from University to High and Asbury from University to High through the debate
- 10/3 at 5 – 10pm: I-25 from Hampden to Santa Fe
- 10/3 at 5 – 10pm: University Boulevard from Evans Avenue to Louisiana Avenue to vehicular traffic (not pedestrians)
- Parking restricted at the RTD park and ride, limiting that for residents of nearby apartment buildings who are being displaced. So if you normally park there, they encourage using the RTD park and ride at Colorado or Broadway. There will also be heavy security at the University park and ride, so best to avoid it.
- If you are attending be DebateFest, make sure you understand want you can and cannot bring to the event. Learn more about DebateFest.
- Street Closures:
- There will be a Prairie Park Gathering with Bagels and Walkabout on October 16, 2012 @ 9:30 am – 10:30 am. Come learn more about this historic park. Learn more.
- The 2012-13 UPCC Purple Pages have been delivered.
- New Neighbor Welcome Packages were delivered in September, if you know of a renter or someone that didn’t get one, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- UPark Wildlife: Coyotes have been spotted in the neighborhood this past week and check out this sweet picture of a baby deer spotted on Adams Street this past summer.
- Whether your kids attend UPark Elementary or not, DOGS are NOT allowed on school property. Please do not run your dogs in the lawn or bring them with you to school drop off or pick-up.
- UPCC is in need of help with our fun UPark neighborhood events. If you are interested, please email email@example.com
- Sidewalk Committee is Still Looking for Volunteers: If championing sidewalks in our neighborhood is important to you, email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about being on our sidewalk committee.
- UPark Elementary News
- Fun Run, Mom’Preneur Market Place and Neighborhood Carnival is October 14th from 11 – 4pm. This a a great community event, even if you do not have children at UPark. The market place has over 50 unique vendors, there will be food to eat and fun activities for kids of all ages.
- UPark is looking for a crossing guard before and after school. For more information please call the office, 720-424-3410.
- King Soopers & Safeway prepaid grocery cards give 5% of all purchases to UPark. This is a simple way to support UPark. Contact Amy at email@example.com to get your card.
- Dogs are not allowed on the school grounds.
- Thursday, October 11th, 6-8pm UPark Elementary is hosting a Middle School Night for families with 5th graders. Principals from both Merrill and Hamilton Middle Schools will be there. Email for more info firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The bridge at Dino Park is complete.
- Tuesday, October 23, 2012, from 6-8pm Denver Public Schools (DPS) is hosting the Middle & High School Expo at Infinity Park in Glendale. All families with school age children are encouraged to attend. Learn more.
- A set of Subaru keys were lost around the Observatory Park playground on Thursday, 08/16/12. If you saw or picked them up, them please email email@example.com.
- DPR revamped and update the Rules and Regulations for Denver Parks in May of 2012. Click here to view the document.
- Learn about ways you can support the UPCC.
List of Upcoming Neighborhood Events:
- Tuesday, October 2nd, Colorado International School Tea Party.
- Tuesday, October 2nd, the University Park Moms Club is hosting a Safe Parenting Seminar with Feather Berkower. Learn more.
- Wednesday, October 3rd Walk to School Day. Watch out for our kiddos.
- Wednesday, October 3rd, Presidential Debate hosted by DU.
- Wednesday, October 10th, UPCC General Meeting 6:30pm Social Hour and meeting begins at 7pm
- Thursday, October 11th, 6-8pm UPark Elementary is hosting a Middle School Night for families with 5th graders. Principals from both Merrill and Hamilton Middle Schools will be there. Email for more info firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, October 13, 2012 INC’s Annual Neighborhood Conference the Wellington E. Webb Municipal Building 201 W. Colfax Ave. 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Fun Run, Mom’Preneur Market Place and Neighborhood Carnival is October 14th from 11 – 4pm.
- Prairie Park Gathering with Bagels and Walkabout on October 16, 2012 @ 9:30 am – 10:30 am. Learn more.
- Saturday evening, October 20th, Chamberlin Observatory Open House.
The University Park Community Council, (UPCC) mission is to promote and enhance the quality of life in the University Park Neighborhood. Thank you for your continued support.
To donate visit http://upcc.us/support.