|Dear University Park Neighbor,The neighborhood will be abuzz in a just a few days with the University Park Home Tour and Tour de Classic Car Show taking place on Sunday, May 6th and Wednesday, May 2nd is the UPCC Spring General Meeting. The General Meeting is featuring a spring seed and tomato plants give-away. Details for both events are below and and we hope to see you out enjoying our beautiful neighborhood.
The following are the University Park announcements for May 2012.
- UPCC General Meeting this Wednesday, May 2nd with a spring plant and seed give away to all attendees. Meeting at UPark Elementary at Iliff and St. Paul.
- 6:30 – 7pm: Refreshments and Social Half Hour.
- Thank you to Schlessman YMCA for providing refreshments
- Thank you to neighbors Charlie Brown and June Morgan for providing the tomato plants and seeds.
- 7 – 7:10pm: Welcome from UPCC President Tom Gonnella
- 7:10 – 7:15pm: University Park Elementary update
- 7:15 – 7:30pm: Councilman Charlie Brown
- 7:30 – 8pm: Allan Wilson, Assistant Director Facilities Management
- The October 3, 2012 Presidential Debate at DU
- 8 – 8:15pm: Jane Queen and Brian Gentry, Fitzroy Place Updates
- 8:15 – 8:25pm: Nominations and Elections for 2012 Officers
- 8:25 – 8:30pm: Community Comments
- UPark Home Tour and Tour De Classics Car Show, May 6, 2012
- Get timely updates on the tour by “liking” the tour’s Facebook page
- Purchase tickets. Save $5 by purchasing ahead of time.
- Volunteer are needed the day of the event (and they will get discounted tickets).
- People are still needed to “stand guard” in homes for two hour slots. Contact Kirsten Pratt at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
- Bake Sale will be held in front of the school
- If you love to bake you can contribute to the sale, just sign up online.
- If you don’t like to bake, come shop.
- 2nd Annual Neighborhood Garage Sale, June 1st and 2nd, 7 am to 2 pm
- All University Park neighbors are invited to participate by hosting a garage sale at their own home.
- Organizers will create maps and advertise for you.
- Any unsold items can be picked up by the Salvation Army starting at 2:00 pm June 2nd.
- To participate and/or to schedule the pick-up, notify Jen Schmidt at email@example.com or call Pam Adams at 303-898-3598 before May 29th. Provide your address, phone number and email for contact purposes for the Salvation Army pick up list (no one else will be given the addresses).
- UPCC Summer Kick Off June 10th with Music in the Park!
- The UPCC is hosting the Humbuckers (a local band – starring a University Park resident!) at Observatory Park on the evening of June 10th. Event will be in the late afternoon into the early evening, bring your picnics, blankets, and friends for an evening of music, dancing and fun. More details to come.
- Advertise in the UPCC Purple Pages.
- UPCC Purple Pages comes out late summer every year and is packed with local information, local contact information and is a great way to advertise your business to the community. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Large Item Pick-up is in our neighborhood this month. Check the map for your week.
- Learn more about the October 3rd Presidential Debate at DU by coming the the UPCC General Meeting this Wednesday and hearing a DU representative speak and answer questions. You can also visit DU’s website.
- The UPCC Neighborhood Debate PR Team needs your help.
- Worldwide media will be flocking to our neck of the woods for the debate and we may have the opportunity to promote our neighborhood. We want to build a list of contacts that might be candidates for stories or help us answer questions.Please email us if you can offer any fun facts on the neighborhood, such as the history of the neighborhood, the artist community, the Observatory, trees, parks, houses, famous residents, previous debates at DU, U Park School, etc. We want to be prepared for whatever may come up! Email us at email@example.com.
- We can still use members on the committee. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to join in on the fun.
- Denver Public Library Summer Reading Program begins May 26. Click for more info.
- Please Consider supporting the UPCC.
Other Upcoming Neighborhood Events and Announcements:
- May 1, 2012 10am. Colorado International School International Tea Party. Neighbors are welcome. Country is Tajikistan.
- UPCC General Meeting & Spring Plant Give Away, Wednesday, May 2nd, social hour at 6:30, meeting at 7pm at UPark Elementary at Iliff and St. Paul. Click for agenda.
- University Park Home Tour and Tour de Classic Car Show, May 6, 2012
- Tuesday, May 8th UPark Elementary Restaurant Night at Papa Murphy’s (UHills), 11am-8pm
- University Park Elementary School Field day is May 15 at Observatory Park (The school playground will be under construction.)
- DU Good Neighbor Meeting is May 23rd in Sturm Hall Rm 154 from 7-9pm. They will be discussing the logistics of the Presidential Debate, student concerns, and more. Parking and additional info.
- Last day of school for DPS is May 25. UPark Elementary will have a Kindergarten Bridging Ceremony.
- May 26 Chamberlin Observatory Quarter Moon Saturday evening Open Houses 7-10pm, weather permitting. More info.
- Neighborhood Garage Sale June 1 and 2nd
- Evening of June 10th, UPCC Band in the Park featuring the Humbuckers. More details to come.
- July 20th, Schlessman YMCA hosting a Family Movie Night. All UPark Neighbors are welcome. More details to come.
The University Park Community Council’s (UPCC) mission is to promote and enhance the quality of life in the University Park Neighborhood. Thank you for your continued support.
Tom Gonnella and Dana Strand O’Connor, on behalf of the UPCC Board
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
To donate visit http://upcc.us/support.