Every July 4th, starting promptly at 10am and going until about 12-noon, the University Park neighborhood celebrates the 4th of July at Observatory Park. Festivities include a parade featuring home-spun-decorated-non-motorized- floats, music provided by the VFW Band, a Mom’s Club booth with refreshments for purchase (all proceeds are donated), a UPCC booth where you can pay dues and sign up to volunteer and the ever-popular fire truck! We hope to see you there! NEW in 2017 a Pet Parade!
- 10 am National Anthem by the VFW Post Band
- 10:10 – Little Tykes Parade (3 and under, bikes/trikes allowed)
- 10:20 – Older Children Parade (4 and up, non-motorized floats only)
- 10:30 – Pet Parade (all pets must be on leash or caged, owners must pick up after and bring water for their pets)
Parade Float Rules
- Wagon frame & size recommended – no gas/electric powered vehicles. You can use anything you have, or even make your own frame.
- Decorate to your comfort level. Being green and using recycled items is suggested.
- You may also decorate yourselves and/or pets in patriotic wear for the parade. You aren’t required to have a float to have fun.
- Kids/Families must be able to walk the parade route with their wagon.
- Kids less than 3 years old may bring bikes for a quick ride around in the street as done in years past. For safety, children older than 3 may not ride bikes along the parade route.
Can you help with this event? Email: email@example.com
Photos from the 2014 Parade: