Every July 4th, starting promptly at 10am and going until about 12-noon, the University Park neighborhood celebrates the 4th of July at Observatory Park. Festivities include a parade featuring home-spun-decorated-non-motorized- floats, music provided by the VFW Band, a volunteer run booth with refreshments for purchase (all proceeds are donated), a UPCC booth where you can pay dues and sign up to volunteer and the ever-popular fire truck! We hope to see you there!
- 10:00am – National Anthem by the VFW Post Band
- 10:10am – Little Tykes Parade (4 and under, bikes/trikes allowed)
- 10:20am – Young Children’s Parade (ages 5-9, no bikes; non-motorized floats only)
- 10:35am – Older Children’s Parade (ages 10 and up, no bikes; non-motorized floats only)
Parade Float Rules (Parade Float Rules will be strictly enforced. )
- Wagon-size frame recommended; you can use anything you have or make your own frame.
- Decorate to your comfort level. Being green and using recycled items suggested.
- Patriotic wear is encouraged! Show your pride in the red, white and blue / stars and stripes!
- It is not necessary to have a float to walk in the parade.
- Kids/Families must be able to walk the parade route (one block back and forth).
- ONLY children age 4 and under may ride bikes/striders/trikes, and only in the Little Tykes heat.
- Well-behaved pets may walk with their owners (or ride on a float), but must be leashed or caged.
Can you help with this event? Email: email@example.com
Photos from the Past Parades: