Dear University Park Neighbor,
The neighborhood has a few events coming up in the next week and we hope to see you at ALL of them! Wednesday is the UPCC General Meeting, Sunday is the Fun Run and Mom’Preneur Market Place and next Tuesday is the Prairie Park Walkabout. Details for all the events are below.
- UPCC Fall General Meeting: Neighborhood Development Updates Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at University Park Elementary School
- Here is the agenda:
6:30pm to 7.00pm – Social Time with Neighbors. Thank you to Fidos Day Out for serving refreshment.
7:00pm to 7:10pm – Welcome, Announcements and Development Updates UPCC President, Dana O’Connor
7:10pm to 7:30pm – David Elowe, Developer, One Observatory Park
7:30pm to 7:40pm – Dana Williams, Principal of University Park Elementary, overview of new Learning Landscape
7:40pm to 7:50pm – Neil Alderson, Executive Director, Schlessman Family YMCA, overview of expansion plans
7:50pm to 8:00pm – Fitzroy Place Updates
8:00pm to 8:25pm – Michael Sapp, Mayor Hancock’s neighborhood liaison
8:25pm to 8:30pm – Community Comments
- Here is the agenda:
- Fun Run, Mom’Preneur Market Place and Neighborhood CarnivalSunday, October 14th from 11 – 4pm.
- Even if you do not have children at UPark you can and should come to this fun event! The market place has over 50 vendors, there will be food to eat and fun activities for kids of all ages.
- Run starts at 11am and anyone can run!
- There are registration envelopes in the office at the school or staring at 10:30am on Sunday, you can sign up the morning of the event on the north side of the school along Iliff.
- There are some amazing door prizes along with great shopping, all right here in University Park.
- Prairie Park Gathering with Bagels and Walkabouton October 16, 2012 @ 9:30 am – 10:30 am.
- Come learn more about this historic 14- acre park and the plans to make it better! Learn more.
Other UPCC Announcements
- UPCC is in need of help with neighborhood events. If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sidewalk Committee needs volunteers: If championing sidewalks in our neighborhood is important to you, email email@example.com to learn more about being on our sidewalk committee.
- Learn about ways you can support the UPCC.
List of Upcoming Neighborhood Events:
- Wednesday, October 10th, UPCC General Meeting 6:30pm Social Hour and meeting begins at 7pm
- Thursday, October 11th, 6-8pm UPark Elementary Middle School Night for families with 5th graders. Email for more info firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, October 13th, 8am – 12;30pm, INC’s Annual Neighborhood Conference, at the Wellington E. Webb Municipal Building 201 W. Colfax Ave.
- Fun Run, Mom’Preneur Market Place and Neighborhood Carnival is October 14th from 11am – 4pm. Run starts at 11am.
- Prairie Park Gathering with Bagels and Walkabout on October 16 th, 9:30 am – 10:30 am. Learn more.
- Wednesday, October 17th, 7pm BBC (Buchtel Boulevard/Parkway Coalition) MEETING AT THE HERITAGE CLUB Craft Room, all welcome
- Saturday evening, October 20th, Chamberlin Observatory Open House.
- Tuesday, October 23rd, 6-8pm Denver Public Schools (DPS) is hosting the Middle & High School Expo. Learn more.
- University Park Moms Club Annual Halloween Party Wednesday October 24th 4:30 – 6:00. This is a member only event. To learn about becoming a member or about this event email email@example.com or visit uparkmoms.org
- Tuesday, November 6th, Colorado International School Tea Party.
The University Park Community Council, (UPCC) mission is to promote and enhance the quality of life in the University Park Neighborhood. Thank you for your continued support.
To donate visit http://upcc.us/support.